Sunday 2 January 2011

East End Spices


East End Foods have a wonderful selection of spices and lentils. Over the years, I have tried a number of other brands but my curries do not taste quite as nice without East End Spices. Their website has a good summary of spices - read it here. They also have an interesting collection of recipes. East End Foods was a breath of fresh air. In the 1960s, spices were rarely available in the United Kingdom and I had to ask my relatives in Calcutta [ now called Kolkatta] to send the packets of it over so I could cook for my busy husband and family. Thankfully, a few enterprising brothers decided to set up East End, their story is written here. They have come a long way since their first store in Wolverhampton many years ago.

More on their spices is available here. Normally, all asian supermarkets will stock East End Spices and foods. You can always check directly with East End themselves. Their email is available here.

Anyway, for all my cooking, I have always used East End Spices. It gives the best results and a delicious/authentic taste.

0 comments:

Post a Comment